As well as this blog, I also have a website and Instagram page with lots more images of my work as well as a few more stories.
If you like woodcarvings, you might want to have a look.

Friday 28 March 2014

Last Day as Environmental Officer for Boiling Wells in St Werburghs, Bristol

Tuesday was my last day working as Environmental Officer at Boiling Wells in St Werburghs. I've been working there regularly in different roles for four and a half years, but now I have to go.

I must admit that I'll miss working there every week, Boiling Wells is a very special place. The last session went very well though. The group of volunteers who came to help worked hard with me on making some doors for the roundhouse on the site. Although we didn't have time to finish them, they will look great when done.


Maintaining the site will be left in the capable hands of Bill, the new Estates and Livestock manager for St Werburghs City Farm. Hopefully, I'll still be going down occasionally to help on certain projects.


If you'd like to know more about the site, here's a video that I made there a couple of years ago:


It seemed apt to be leaving at this time of year with a lot of the spring flowers, like these oxlips, just coming into bloom. Times of change, I wonder where the next adventure will lead...



No comments:

Post a Comment