As well as this blog, I also have a website and Instagram page with lots more images of my work as well as a few more stories.
If you like woodcarvings, you might want to have a look.

Thursday 19 April 2012

Walking sticks

I 've just completed an interesting commission for someone studying for a product design degree at the University of the West of England. The client provided me with full-sized foam models of a pair of walking poles which had to be reproduced as exactly as possible in wood.
I chose sweet chestnut wood and carved the poles with a knife, as it allowed the closest reproduction of the complex three dimensional forms of the models. It was a very interesting challenge (and hard physical work!) but both the client and I are very happy with the result.

The foam models supplied

Carving the poles with an Opinel knife


The finished poles with the original foam models



The completed walking poles

No comments:

Post a Comment